Media in China have announced that the 2019-nCoV virus may live outside the human body, such as on surfaces contaminated via coughs and sneezes:
Quote from Transmission ways of nCoV spark concern:
New ways of transmitting the coronavirus have been reported, and virus nucleic acid has been detected outside human bodies, sparking public concerns that the virus could be transmitted in unknown and undetected ways.
Scientists have found coronavirus nucleic acid on the doorknob of a confirmed Guangzhou-based patient’s house, the first case of novel coronavirus detected outside the human body, Guangzhou Daily reported Monday.
Mobile phone screens, computer keyboards, faucets and other household objects may indirectly transmit the virus, experts said.
The virus may remain potentially infectious on these surfaces for several days:
Concerns emerged after scientists found coronavirus nucleic acid on the doorknob of a confirmed Guangzhou-based patient’s house, the first case of novel coronavirus detected outside the human body, Guangzhou Daily reported Monday. The finding was confirmed by China’s Health Commission, which said on Monday that the coronavirus can survive for five days maximum on smooth surfaces under suitable circumstances.
Actions you can take to reduce transmission via such pathways include avoiding touching your face, mouth, or eyes with your hands, frequently washing your hands and washing them well, thorough cooking of foods, thoroughly washing dishes and utensils at high temperatures, and handling food, dishes, and utensils and serving or eating food only after washing your hands.
Packages or items that may be contaminated, such as packages shipped from areas with known infections, could be left outside your home for more than 5 days before being brought inside to reduce the risk of infection.
You could also spray items with an alcohol-based disinfectant or diluted bleach and then wait for them to dry before handling. A study from The Journal Of Hospital Infection found that such sprays can inactivate COVID-19 in about a minute.
More Articles Discussing 2019-nCoV Coronavirus
- Low Vitamin K1 and K2 Levels Linked to Worse COVID-19 Outcomes
- Numerous Potential Treatments for SARS-CoV-2 Virus, COVID-19 Disease, and High-Risk Factor Comorbidities
- Health-boosting Drinks For Coronavirus Crisis
- Is Online Shopping Safer In the COVID-19 Coronavirus Era? Will Your Amazon Package Kill You?
- Congressional Representative Takano's Office Mixes Facts With Anti-scientific COVID-19 Coronavirus Propaganda
- Do Not Rely On COVID-19 Coronavirus Vaccines, Protective Steps You Can Take Even Now
- 2019-nCoV China Coronavirus May Be Genetically Engineered For Bioweapon Or Vaccine
- 2019-nCoV Coronavirus May Spread Via Virus-Contaminated Surfaces
- Hidden Factors Behind High 2019-nCoV Rates of Transmissability and Mortality and What You Can Do About Them
- Could Coronavirus Spread Through US Sewage, Waterways, and Food Supply?
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products mentioned in this post and on this website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information presented here is for educational purposes and does not constitute medical advice. Please obtain medical advice from qualified healthcare providers. Pursuant to FTC regulations, please be aware some of the links herein may be affiliate iinks. If you click on them and complete a purchase, this website may earn a commission.